Sunday, March 27, 2011

Weight Watchers - Week 1

Well, I did it... I bit the bullet and registered for Weight Watchers this weekend.

I have mixed feelings about this.  It was through using the Weigh Watchers POINTS system in 2003 that I lost 60 pounds.  I never attended a single meeting during this time, but had a colleague who was a member buy me the books so I could do it on my own.... and to great success!!!

Then, I joined (officially) in 2006-2007 when I had put some weight back on.  I did the POINTS again, went to meetings, etc.  But this time I did not succeed.  I had small losses here and there, but ended up quitting after a few months.  I could not get into the flow this time.

This time, however, I'm optimisitic.  They have revamped their system and it is now called POINTS PLUS.  Smartly, this time, carbohydrates are factored in when determining point values.  So, long story short, I get more points a day, but foods that are higher in carbs have higher point values.  There are other differences, but that's it in a nutshell.

And because I'm a teacher, organizer dork - I got completely excited about getting a new journal, having a new tracker, new food books, etc. - it really felt like a new start.  I really liked the people at the center and already became friends with the other newbie that was there.

So I did my weigh in, spent a good amount of time on Saturday reading through all the materials and getting myself organized and am ready to go!  I'm very excited about officially beginning this journey.  I have a gut feeling that this time is for real and for life.

And I'm ready.  :)

2 comments:

  1. L'Chaim - To LIFE! Grab the opportunity for a do-over! Start fresh, new journal, new outlook, new promise to be healthy and live your BEST life!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good Luck! You've got a lot of people rooting for you :D

    ReplyDelete